Stolbtsy asylum for special need adults, village Kul
BURREN CHERNOBYL PROJECT has started to work since 2000. DOBRA TUT fund has undertaken the responsibility to help in their needs.
This was a two-year work program of Burren Chernobyl Project which we began on October 25th 2004. The work was done by Yury Kryk and his helpers from Belarus as well as some groups of men going out from Ireland to help out. It was a huge job and psychologically difficult for the men who went there to work.
The work involved amongst other things the following:
- Repairs to the entire building
- Provided building materials — cement, timber, flooring, acryl, etc.
- Instruments — saws, drills, sander,
- Linoleum for rooms
- Re- hanging of all doors in the five floor building
- Provision of freezer doors on old units, and new fridges
- Provided a main new dishwasher for kitchen
- Industrial Laundry equipment – washing machine, centrifuge, etc.
- Installed toilets in each floor with plumbing materials
- Improvements of facilities for washing of invalided persons
- Lamps, bulbs, electric wiring to all building
- Helped with transport, tyres, repairs to machinery
- Oil for heating, chainsaw for wood cutting
- provided plants, seeds, plastic sheeting, weed killer sprayer, for farm area
- Improvements to grounds, landscaping, flowers and plants
- Sound system equipment for concerts for residents
- 5 lorry loads of Humanitarian Aid
- Set up and stocked library
- Trolleys for collecting the dishes
We still help with some current needs at that asylum, so if you would like to participate, we would be very grateful.