Borisov asylum for special needs adults, village Tarasiki
Some of the children from Cherven orphanage are brought here to Tarasiki when they come of age. We comae there to find those kids. This place was in a very poor condition. Now however help is underway. We have organized groups of volunteers who come to Tarasiki regularly to help with building work such as:
- upgrade of toilet facilities
- upgrade of shower and washing facilities
- upgrade of wiring, power supply, lighting, electrics
- installation of hot water for units
- improvements to laundry
- improvements to TB unit
- installation of new toilets, showers in the units
- new floors
- new linoleum, beds, for all units
- three trucks of Humanitarian Aid trucks have been sent with clothes, shoes, toys, building materials and requirements, timber, etc.
In September 2008 the Newry group of Volunteers came on board as part of the workforce and also sent a truckload of building materials, as well as plenty men and women to dig in and help.
We still keep in touch with the asylum to help with other needs.